About Me

My photo
Kathmandu, Nepal
At 24, she claims herself to be just an ordinary someone who is trying to find her place in this world, in search for her true calling. And along the way, as her life happens with people and situations coming and leaving, she pens down some of her thoughts & emotions here...

Sunday, January 15, 2012

And here i go...

Hmm, so how do i start this? After a whole hour of designing my page, here i am writing my first ever post on my first ever blog. Excited. :)

Blog ! This word is not so old to me. It has not been much since i actually came to know that there is such a thing as an Internet diary. My first thought was, Cool ! That was around a year back. And since then, i have attempted a hundred and one times to start one of my own, but somehow i never did. But as they say it's never too late, here i am in this cold winter night, finally penning down my thoughts. 

To tell you the truth, i have no idea of what i want to write about. And strangely, there are lots of things i want to write about. All i know is that i want to write. Well, analyzing from the kind of person i am, what i can expect you to expect from me is 'feelings in the form of words'. Let's just say that i will be telling you about random things that happens in my life. Things i see, things i learn, things i feel, things i realize.  Like I've entitled; My Life as it Comes !

Introducing myself, i am a 21 year old woman with 2 names. 'Pretty' as the official name given to me by my father, and 'Sara' as the name preferred by all my loved ones given to me by my mother. Born on the 28th of June, i am a pure pure Cancerian. Trust me, whatever you read on the Cancer section of that Astrology page, i am all that. Emotions makes me and emotions breaks me. I feel.


I took my first breath in Singapore where i stayed for the 1st decade of my life. But a Nepali is who i am by blood. And so since i was 11, i have been calling this place Kathmandu, my home.

OK, i think i should tell you the reason for starting this 'not so personal' diary. Or at least i think that is the reason why. Well, i recently got fired from my job as a radio presenter in one of the most reputed media houses in my country. While i still don't think i deserved it, i have already digested that bitter fact. And as it was the first time i got sacked, you can imagine what went through my mind. But i swear i took this failure very positively. It was then the comfort messages that started pouring in and suddenly i found almost everyone telling me to start writing. And i thought, 'Hey,why not?' :)

Writing is something i have always been interested in, ever since i can remember. But somehow, i have sadly only limited myself to writing quotes and statuses in my Facebook page. Off course, poems and songs and short stories was something i did during my mid-teens, but that habit didn't come along with me when i left school for college.

And it was someone who recently suggested that i should start my practice with a blog. A mentor as i would like to call him, i clearly remember his advice, '
The more you write, the more you write.' Planted in my brain !

So, with no particular topic such as fashion or food, i will simply write what i have to. One thing i can assure you is that you will breath positivism in my page.
For optimism, is my newly found religion.



Your path to a happy life. :)


With hopes that you will be inspired by my thoughts and with hopes that my writing will get better with time, here i start my journey. :)

Till my next post, Eat-Pray-Love ! 
:D
 

17 comments:

  1. M sure u're blog will b a hit... best of luck my sis....

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to goo girl ..... i knw u'll rock the blog world :)... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. would like to read more of your life as it comes good luck writer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss limbu...If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.....all the best know u will make it ...take life as it comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
      Loved this, Mr Anonymous ;)

      Delete
    2. how do u knw its Mr.??? it may Ms. too lol

      Delete
    3. haha thats hamro prabhat dae hau :p

      Delete
  5. its ur first blog and am already in love with it ....... "optimism is my newly found religion" will be my mantra from now on :D ...... eagerly waiting for ur next blog baini ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay to the joy of writing! Good luck for everything, Pretty. Much Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thank you so much dear... getting that from you feels so good :)

      Delete
  7. Hey, welcome to the world of blogging:) Loved your post,Ms. Pretty. And you spent an entire decade in Singapore? :) I know a loooooooooot of people who spent their childhood there and in fact, just asked one of my friends, Yinuka Rai, about you. She went like "You know her? Cooool. Didi ho ni, RJ pani ho ni" hehe.
    Anyway, looking forward to your posts! :)

    Cheers.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks alot :)
      And abt Yinuka, i don't know her but have heard her name before.. Is she related with Januka Rai? Cuz januka is my good friend. hehe...
      and what's your good name? :)

      Delete
  8. Lol, I just asked Yinuka. She told me Januka is her cousin. Lol, what a small world. We're already chatting about people we know.
    Oh, I'd rather stay anonymous. But expect to know my name soon. I happen to spill it out unknowingly every time.

    ReplyDelete