About Me

My photo
Kathmandu, Nepal
At 24, she claims herself to be just an ordinary someone who is trying to find her place in this world, in search for her true calling. And along the way, as her life happens with people and situations coming and leaving, she pens down some of her thoughts & emotions here...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

My love affair with Quotations :)


Sunday was when i wrote my first post. And it's a Thursday today. Twice or maybe thrice was the number of times i tried to compose something/anything within those 4 days. But i simply could not.
I couldn't even manage to complete a line or two. I would sit in front of my Lenovo and just stare blankly at the screen.

And that's when i realized, ''Writing is not possible if you're writing just for the sake of writing.'' (Well, at least for me.) Or in Nepali, ''Lekhchu bhanera lekhindaina rahecha.''

To write, one should feel !
The soul must have to be shaken by the heart or the mind.
The soul must have to possess either joy, sorrow, confusion or anger.
The soul must have to feel !
And the writing will eventually follow.

But sometimes, in exceptional cases, it just happens. The alphabets themselves comes together as words and sentences. Something like what just happened with me. My mind was not working at all and my only plan for the time being was to share with you some of the sayings i had quoted. But then i ended up crapping about the relationship of emotions and words up there. Haha.

Anyways, let me get back to the intended topic.
Oprah Winfrey once said, "Here's what my love affair with quotations has taught me : the more you focus on words that uplift you, the more you embody the ideas contained in those words."

Oprah Winfrey, my beautiful inspiration ! 

And that hit me straight away. I went down memory lane and recalled how much i had changed, how much maturity had absorbed me and how much optimism had ruled me. Without doubt, i knew it was the experience i faced. But more, i knew i had to give the credit to all those positive quotations by random hopeful people as i would like to call them. All those hours spent Google-ing for quotes seemed worth it.

The message here is, like Oprah and like me, "Have a love affair with quotations." Don't just read it, but believe in it. For Quotations, i assume are learnt lessons. They are wise words coming from people with experience and repeated for a good cause. I can assure you that this would be one relationship where it won't hurt to love. ;)

Below are a few quotations i proudly call my own.

  • We cannot please everybody. It's impossible. No matter how good or bad we are doing, there's always some people who criticizes us. So, the best thing to do is to just please our own self and be happy. :)
  • When in doubt, go to your closest friend for advice. Cause when we are the heart, they are the mind. And vice-versa.
  • Before giving up, think about it once again. Why do you want that thing/person so much? And give it one more shot, regardless of the result. Even if you don't win, there will at least be no regrets. Cause you know you did all that you could have done. But hey, you never know, that one last try might just prove out to be a miracle. :)
  • Remember that you are 'YOU' first before you are somebody's lover, sibling, friend, child or parent. You are your first priority. This is not about being selfish. This is simply about learning to love yourself first. Then only will you be able to love the people in your life.
  • Don't let anyone's words or actions affect you. Life is too short to let one bad person ruin your entire day. Go out and live your life. Eat-Drink-Laugh-Enjoy. ;)
Life is never easy. There is always something going around in every single person's life. But reaching to this point, i can confidently tell you that, "Life is 10% of what happens to us and 90% of how we react to it." Trust me, it is all about the attitude. And with that, i hope you take everything positively that comes your way. Not only today, but everyday of your life. :)

Ending this post, i hope you will focus more on those words that uplifts you.
And i wish you a life-long happy relationship with positive quotations !

Till my next post, Eat-Pray-Love !
:D

2 comments: