About Me

My photo
Kathmandu, Nepal
At 24, she claims herself to be just an ordinary someone who is trying to find her place in this world, in search for her true calling. And along the way, as her life happens with people and situations coming and leaving, she pens down some of her thoughts & emotions here...

Sunday, August 19, 2012

To Express or To Impress ??

I won't call myself a writer 'yet' but it was a friend who yesterday introduced me to the term 'A Writer's Block' as i was complaining to my girls about how I've not been able to come up with anything recently. It's been long, really long since i last wrote. It was just not happening. Not that i had no new updates in my ever dramatic life or no new sense of optimism in me to be shared. Maybe laziness had overruled me. Or maybe i was not wanting to talk about it. But i doubt that excuse. Otherwise, why would i have even entered the blog-world

That conversation ended; leading me somehow to a much deep thought where i found me questioning myself, Do i write to actually express or to impress? Scrolling down to the oldest post on my page, it says that i started this with a mission to improve my writing skills. So for that, i kept writing. Which means i kept expressing. But having said that, why do I feel like I'm only trying to convince myself and you, that 'to express' was the sole reason as to why I've been writing all this while? And if so, why do i feel the pressure when people come up to me and tell me to update my blog? But hey, i do have to admit that it feels really good when they say they are actually waiting for my new post. :)  Well maybe, it is their sincere expectation that makes me want to write; also to impress. 

OK, i guess I'm over-stressing on this. Mr. Brain although has been tortured much, still gives me no answer as to what my intention as a (beginner) writer lies. So with this post, i end what they call 'A Writer's Block'. And as i promise to soon be back to both express and impress, i ask this to my fellow blog-mates;  Do you write to express or to impress? ;)

Till my next post, Eat-Pray-Love !
:D

4 comments:

  1. i think you are not trying to impress any one, you are just expressing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one's really makes sense!!!
    what do people write? and exactly like the way you did, they write either to express, or to impress!!
    loved this post.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey .. Just came across your blog and read some of the posts.. They are amazing!! Each of them is beautifully written:) Keep writing!! Good day <3

    ReplyDelete